Please read these Terms carefully. They govern your use of the Site.
1. Access to and use of the Site is granted on the basis of these Terms. By using the Site you are acknowledging that you have read and accepted these Terms.
2. You agree to use the Site only in accordance with these Terms, for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the Site.
3. Access to this Site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Site at any time without notice.
Intellectual Property (including copyright)
4. All Intellectual Property in any and all materials or research data provided to the Research Consortium by the SRA, the BSB and/or the IPS in respect of the Review shall remain with the SRA, the BSB and/or the IPS (as applicable).
5. All other Intellectual Property in all research results howsoever arising from the provision of research services by the Research Consortium shall remain with the SRA.
6. Unless expressly stated otherwise, content and information on the Site is provided under the terms of a Creative Commons Public Licence (Attribution – Non-Commercial – NoDerivs 2.0 England and Wales). This means that you may copy, distribute or display information from our site for non-commercial purposes including review, discussion, reporting, academic study and similar legitimate purposes. You do not need to seek permission for such use, although you should acknowledge the source. The full terms of the licence are available from the Creative Commons website.
7. It is your responsibility to ensure that your use of any content or information from the Site falls within the terms of the Creative Commons licence, above, or is otherwise permitted under English Law.
8. Where exclusive rights are retained over any content or information you must contact us to seek permission to copy, distribute, display or otherwise use or reproduce that material. Consent shall not unreasonably be withheld.
Links to and from the site
9. We encourage website owners to link to any information on the Site. You do not need to ask our permission.
11. Any link from the Site is not intended to be and should not be construed as an endorsement of any kind by us of another website.
12. We make no representations or warranties whatsoever as to the accuracy of the information contained on the Site. To the extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by law.
13. We expressly disclaim all liability and responsibility for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user or visitor of the Site, whether the said loss or damage arises from reliance on content or information on the Site, from inaccuracies, defects, errors, or omissions in content or information on the Site, from any inability to use the Site, or otherwise, even if such loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable and we had been advised of the possibility of the same. Direct, indirect and consequential loss or damage shall include but not be limited to loss of profits, contracts, income, revenue, business, and goodwill, and wasted expenditure or management time.
14. Nothing in these terms shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, not any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
21. We may revise these Terms at any time by amending this page.
22. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England, and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
“Bar Council” – means the General Council of the Bar of England and Wales, including its independent regulatory arm known as the Bar Standards Board (BSB), and all or any of its officers and/or employees.
“ILEX” – means the Institute of Legal Executives, including its independent regulatory arm known as ILEX Professional Standards (IPS), and all or any of its officers and/or employees.
“Law Society” – means the Law Society of England and Wales, including its independent regulatory arm known as the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA), and all or any of its officers and/or employees.
“Panel Chairs” – means the Co-Chairs for the time being of the Consultation Steering Panel.
“Research Consortium” – means any or all of the members for the time being of the Research Team, and the University of Warwick, the University of London (Institute of Advanced Legal Studies), the University of Northumbria and Nottingham Trent University as contracting or sub-contracting parties to the Legal Education and Training Review Agreement.
“Review Executive” – means the body comprising the SRA, the BSB and the IPS, established in order to oversee the delivery of the Legal Education and Training Review.
“the Site” – means the website which is linked to these Terms. It does not include any other website hosting the Site or to which the Site may otherwise link or be linked